Last week, a Fresno man was injured when his e-cigarette exploded in his pocket. It’s a scene becoming more and more familiar across the country.
In our previous issue, we shared tips for avoiding home fires caused by traditional cigarettes. With this entry, we’ll focus on dangers posed by e-cigarettes.
WHAT IS CAUSING E-CIGARETTES TO EXPLODE OR CATCH FIRE?
A recent article from the insider insurance claims journal, the problems with e-cigarettes causing fires are linked to their lithium-ion batteries, which assist with the vaporization of the liquid nicotine.
These are the same type batteries linked to fires cause by hover boards and smartphones.
ARE FIRES CAUSED BY E-CIGARETTES OVER-HYPED?
Not really. Numbers from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration identified 66 explosions caused by e-cigarettes in 2015 and early 2016. There were 92 such instances from 2009 – 2015.
TIPS FOR AVOIDING EXPLOSIONS FROM E-CIGARETTES
There are a few things you can do to make your e-cigarette experience safer.
CALL J&M KEYSTONE FOR HOME AND BUSINESS FIRE RESTORATION IN SAN DIEGO
There are few disasters that can bring more devastation to a home or business than a fire. Thankfully, the team here at J&M Keystone is trained and experienced to react quickly and thoroughly.
For help around the clock, call us at 800-368-2757.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.