Early this year, a young Berkeley couple and their two cats were found dead in their apartment. Toxicology reports later confirmed they were overcome with carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning – most likely coming from vented fumes from their 3D printer.
Their story is not unheard of. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, at least 430 people lose their lives annually in the U.S. from accidental CO poisoning.
In this issue, we’ll share tips for how you can avoid CO poisoning from happening to you.
YOU CAN’T SEE, TASTE OR SMELL COCarbon monoxide is actually a gas that has no noticeable color, odor or taste. Common sources of CO poisoning include:
RECOGNIZING CO POISONINGThe initial symptoms of CO poisoning are a lot like flu symptoms, and include:
HOW TO PREVENT CO POISONING
There are a host of measures you can take – and stay away from – that will significantly decrease your chances of experiences CO poisoning.
CALL J&M KEYSTONE FOR HOME AND BUSINESS RESTORATION IN SAN DIEGO
The safety of yourself and your family are paramount. That’s why we gladly pass along these safety tips for you.
If tragedy does strike your home or business, remember to call the restoration experts at J&M Keystone, Inc. in San Diego.
We’re available around the clock, and you can reach us at 800-368-2757.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.