When mold invades a home, those who live there may experience mild to serious symptoms often labeled as “allergies.” What exactly is a mold allergy, and why can it be so dangerous for people who live in the home?
ALLERGEN VS. TOXIN
First, it is important to distinguish between an allergy and a reaction to a toxic substance. Some molds affect almost everyone due to their toxic nature, while others cause reactions only in sensitive people. Here is a table that compares the two:
Those who have allergies to molds may experience any of the following symptoms, or different ones altogether:
Those who are exposed to toxic mold, however, usually show much more serious symptoms. In some cases, exposure to toxic mold may lead to severe illness or death. In other cases, individuals display varying degrees of sensitivity that can lead to long-term illness. Often, those exposed to mold do not know what it is that is causing them to be sick.
WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT A MOLD ISSUE?
Determining whether mold is simply causing an allergic reaction or a more toxic reaction is actually beside the point. Good health comes from dealing with mold problems on a pro-active basis, so any mold issue should be considered something to be handled immediately.
For help dealing with mold removal and cleanup, turn to J&M Keystone in San Diego. For years, we have helped home, business and institutional property owners clean up mold after a flood, burst pipes or other disasters. We have the tools and technology available to quickly clean up all mold and to identify it in hidden areas. With our superior skills, we can remove the mold and prevent it from growing back, restoring your property to its original condition quickly and professionally.
Avoid the hazards of mold allergies and toxic mold illnesses. Give J&M Keystone in San Diego a call today.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.