Area rugs can really set off a room. They give a room warmth, personality and a distinctive look.
But there are some things many people do with area rugs that not only drastically reduce their effectiveness but also greatly shorten their life spans.
In this issue, we’ll talk about things you could be doing that will probably ruin your area rugs.
In mid-July, a fire sparked by sky lanterns resulted in about an acre of grass being burned in Morro. Thankfully, no one was injured but the use of sky lanterns is illegal in California – and at least 30 other states – and the incident in Morro is a good reason why.
We’ll talk more about sky lanterns in this issue.
According to the latest statistics, nearly half of reported home structure fires are caused by cooking. Recent news stories certainly back up that claim.
In March, significant damage was done to a San Diego home by a fire that began in the kitchen. Later that month, nearly 100 residents were displaced by a fire caused by cooking oil.
In this issue, we’ll talk about steps you can take to avoid kitchen fires from starting in your home.
In mid-June, a fire caused about $22,500 in damage to a home in Coronado. Authorities say that the fire was caused by a hoverboard that was being charged.
It’s not the first fire caused by a hoverboard, and in this issue, we’ll talk about steps you can take to lessen the likelihood of such a fire starting in your home.
Owners of Ford Explorers across the country are on alert as reports continue to flood in about the vehicles being vulnerable to allowing carbon monoxide poisoning. Nearly 3,000 complaints of exposure have been received thus far, and the National Highway Safety Administration is teaming with Ford to investigate the problem.
In this issue, we’ll talk about what’s going on and share tips for how you can reduce your chances of being exposed to carbon monoxide poisoning in your vehicle.
In early July, a fire caused by a family pet knocking over a burning candle caused $60,000 in damages as the home was burned to the ground. Thankfully, no injuries to human or pets was reported.
It’s a scene that’s more common than you may think, and in this issue, we’ll talk about how to make your home safer from pets causing fires.
We’ve talked before about the importance of having smoke alarms and fire extinguishers throughout your home or business. There’s another crucial tool that could prove vitally important in the fight against home and business fires: fire sprinklers.
In this issue, we’ll talk about why it makes sense to outfit your home or business with fire sprinklers, what they cost and how effective they can be.
In March, three fire engines and a battalion chief struggled to extinguish a barn fire in Kuna. Thankfully, none of the animals were injured in the blaze, but with all the potential fuel (hay, wood, etc.) inside the barn, things could have been much worse.
In this issue, we’ll talk about ways barn owners can make the structures more safe from fire.
In June, an apartment fire sparked by a microwave oven displaced residents in a two-story 10-unit apartment complex in Isla Vista. Although the fire caused extensive smoke damage to the apartment in which it originated, thankfully no injuries were reported.
In this issue, we’ll talk about the potential fire hazard posed by microwave ovens and share steps you can take to make sure your home or business issafere from experiencing such an occurrence.
The 2017-18 academic year will be gearing up soon for colleges and universities across the country. With so many people gathered on relatively small places like college campuses, it’s imperative that students keep fire safety fresh in their minds.
In this issue, we’ll share tips for how college students can be fire-smart about their college experience.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.