Mold and moisture issues can cause headaches, drowsiness, and even lead to coughing up blood. If you are a homeowner or commercial building owner, J&M Keystone, a mold remediation and restoration service in San Diego, offers several tips for home care to prevent mold:
1. If you have had water damage or a leak it is important to get the area dry within 24 to 48 hours of the spill. This will help prevent mold from growing.
2. Another household tip would be to clean gutters regularly. Uncleaned and drained gutters can cause water damage from the build-up and even cause mold to begin growing.
3. Keep indoor humidity low. It is a good idea to spend the money and purchase an indoor humidity meter. It is a good rule of thumb that your humidity level indoors should be between 30 and 50 percent.
4. Vent your appliances. Whether you are boiling water or running the washer, it is important that the moisture is vented outside and does not accumulate in your house.
5. Run a bathroom fan. It is essential to run your bathroom fan when in the shower or running a bath. Condensation can build up and cause damage.
If you are renting, it is important to contact your landlord about the mold issue. If the problem is not resolved you may need to take action and call local, state, or federal housing authorities.
STATISTICSAccording to the Washington Post, 10 to 20 percent of the world’s population allergic to mold. In addition, there has been an increase in the number of infants with bleeding in the lungs that is correlated to mold and moisture issues in homes and public buildings. In 2007, a study by Brown University reported that the presence of mold is correlated with depression.
J&M KEYSTONEIf you have found mold in your home or office, do not try to clean it alone. Contact J&M Keystone in San Diego and employ a mold remediation specialist. No matter how large or small the problem may seem, it is important to solve it and breathe clean air. J&M Keystone can help by testing your indoor air quality, removing mold-damaged materials and disposing of them properly, and treating contaminated areas with biocides. Do not run the health risk of cleaning it alone and take a chance that the mold will come back. J&M Keystone has a team of certified flood technicians and skilled tradesman who can be dispatched 24/7. If you have an emergency, J&M Keystone has a quick response time, averaging 60 minutes. Contact them today for help.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.