In February, the Massachusetts State Police Museum & Learning Center experienced significant damage after oily rags sparked a blaze. Reports say that the rags were placed in a plastic trash bag and left in a room at the end of a work day.
According to the National Fire Protection Association, about 800 home fires are sparked each year from greasy rags. Whether you’re using the rags for auto work in the garage or for removing paint, there’s no denying the fact that they need to be treated in certain ways to prevent your home from catching fire.
HOW FIRE CAN SPARK FROM RAGS
You should be particularly concerned about rags that have oil-based paint or stains on them. The oils that are commonly used in these materials will release heat as they dry. If you have a pile of used oily rags that are wet with paint or stain, the heat has nowhere to go.
HOW YOU CAN REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE FROM RAGS WET WITH PAINT OR STAIN
Here are a few tips you can use to reduce the chances of any rags that are wet with paint or stain from catching fire.
CALL J&M KEYSTONE FOR HOME AND BUSINESS FIRE RESTORATION IN SAN DIEGO
Remember that not every fire can be fought on your own. That’s why it’s vital to have emergency contact information where it can easily be located. When it’s time to clean up, call the fire restoration experts here at J&M Keystone.
Our number is 800-368-2757.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.